TTEM - Transformational Tools Energy and Mind 

Home    Links    ***Forum***    Donate   

Welcome Guest on 19 November 2011.  If you wish to register please see the instructions on the home page.

Username: Password:

Home
    Advanced search
TTEM - Transformational Tools Energy and Mind  |  The Forum  |  Books, DVDs, Podcasts  |  Topic: TED Talks - make your own TV Channel/DVD for you and your family 0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: TED Talks - make your own TV Channel/DVD for you and your family  (Read 3237 times)
Mike
Superhero

Re: TED Talks - make your own TV Channel/DVD for you and your family
« Reply #20 on: 29 May 2010 »

asking for a particular outcome ... Just a human getting in the way really!  tongue

Absolutely and that's ok - you just get a human outcome - but not by definition an inspired one.

I know when "I" am out of the way the process is forgotten upon completion..really cool come to think of it and it feels more like playing than working too!  Happy

cool

Guess that's the real meaning of wu-wei  ... and I guess that's the ideal way to live one's life 24x7  Happy

Anyway don't want to put anyone off - its a great talk ... but just imagine the whole world is "leaning right" and we want them to straighten up - so we say "lean left" ... just in this case the speaker ends up leaning too far left herself.  A third party (you tongue) can decide or try and find where your centre is  wink

Mike

ps FWLIW eventually late in the day (when it was inconvenient lol) I did have a spurt [kind of like when ground is waterlogged and the water slowly seeps away and then you can play football again] and an important chunk of the book wrote itself - especially as I had painted myself into a corner I didn't want to be in a way out emerged which was cool  smiley

VALUE CLEAR SPACE...

Claire
Hero

« Reply #21 on: 29 May 2010 »

an important chunk of the book wrote itself
nice smiley

Mike
Superhero

« Reply #22 on: 29 May 2010 »

Well its a darn sight easier than writing it myself  Happy

VALUE CLEAR SPACE...

Claire
Hero

« Reply #23 on: 27 July 2010 »

Sheena Iyengar on the art of choosing

"Sheena Iyengar studies how we make choices -- and how we feel about the choices we make. At TEDGlobal, she talks about both trivial choices (Coke v. Pepsi) and profound ones, and shares her groundbreaking research that has uncovered some surprising attitudes about our decisions."

One needs to watch the talk all the way through to reach the "profound ones." Interesting.

http://www.ted.com/talks/sheena_iyengar_on_the_art_of_choosing.html?utm_source=newsletter_weekly_2010-07-27
Mike
Superhero

« Reply #24 on: 24 February 2011 »

Robert Bruce recommended this one highly - only seen a bit... (she is a captivating talker)

RB said:

This TED talk by Brene Brown is simply beautiful. Incredibly insightful on the nature of human connection. You may want to watch this multiple times. I did. Brene Brown on human connections. A TED Talk. Click Here to Watch Video http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/1042

TED says:

Brene Brown: The power of vulnerability.

Brene Brown studies human connection -- our ability to empathize, belong, love. In a poignant, funny talk at TEDxHouston, she shares a deep insight from her research, one that sent her on a personal quest to know herself as well as to understand humanity. A talk to share.

VALUE CLEAR SPACE...

Claire
Hero

« Reply #25 on: 27 February 2011 »

You may want to watch this multiple times. I did

I did too  smiley Beautiful  It will be one of those talks I revisit when I`m feeling a bit lost. Thank you.
Claire
Hero

« Reply #26 on: 29 October 2011 »

Richard Wilkinson: How economic inequality harms societies

"feel instinctively that societies with huge income gaps are somehow going wrong. Richard Wilkinson charts the hard data on economic inequality, and shows what gets worse when rich and poor are too far apart: real effects on health, lifespan, even such basic values as trust."

http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_wilkinson.html?utm_source=newsletter_weekly_2011-10-25
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
TTEM - Transformational Tools Energy and Mind  |  The Forum  |  Books, DVDs, Podcasts  |  Topic: TED Talks - make your own TV Channel/DVD for you and your family « previous next »
Jump to:  

TTEM - Transformational Tools Energy and Mind | Powered by SMF 1.0.8.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.