TTEM - Transformational Tools Energy and Mind 

Home    Books    Links    ***Forum***   

Welcome Guest on 28 February 2009.  If you wish to register please see the instructions on the home page.

Username: Password:

Home
    Advanced search
TTEM - Transformational Tools Energy and Mind  |  Mind  |  Mind Power  |  Topic: "The Field" Lynne McTaggart 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: "The Field" Lynne McTaggart  (Read 638 times)
Mike
Superhero

"The Field" Lynne McTaggart
« on: 22 November 2005 »

Very readable with some fascinating stuff - its just amazing how much good science gets squashed....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0007145101/qid=1132670491/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_11_1/026-4383655-7310843

also a (very limited and slightly biased to the ZPF (which is only tangentially related to many chapters eg biophotns/homeopathy)) FAQ at http://www.wddty.co.uk/thefield/faq.asp

"If I hear Truth couched in a Sufi way or a Christian Mystic way or a Psychotherapeutic way or in a Paleontological way or whatever, you know, its still Truth for me." Ajahn Viradhammo
Mike
Superhero

IF YOU CAN READ BUY THIS BOOK!!!
« Reply #1 on: 24 November 2005 »

Its the best 8.99 I ever spent smiley

To quote no less a visionary than Arthur C. Clarke "I think this is an important book and should be widely read.  It stretches the imagination, making a good case that we are on the verge of another revolution in our understanding of the universe - perhaps even greater than the one that heralded the Atomic Age"

The weaknesses - occasional journalistic hyperbole and skating on thin ice (on the other hand its an easy read); the "Field" (essentially the underlying nature of space-time-vacuum) is really used as a washing-line to hang other subjects off; the first couple of chapters are physics orientated (and hence of narrower interest).

In practice (and why I didn't but it before) the book is misnamed - rather it is a series of chapters based on the work of various *very* pukkha scientists showing strong scientific evidence for various 'non mainstream accepted' things.  I am amazed at how much evidence is out there unreported.  I am only 2/3 the way thru' but wanted you to all rush out and buy it now!  I will refund any ttem-regulars money if they read the whole thing and don't find it fascinating  Cool

Some of the subjects covered (along with reports of the scientific trials showing them):

a) Biophotons - organisms emit photons.  In humans the emissions from right and left hand are 'in phase' (as in to laser accuracy) if well, out of phase if unwell, most (all?) carcinogens absorb light of one frequency, MS patients absorb more and emit less photons than healthy people...

b) memory of water, interaction and effect of molecules via frequency (so that playing a molecules signature to a living heart has the same effect);

c) quantum interactions of brain

d) observers affect experiments (including computers Panu!) - telekinesis/ESP

e) transmitting info mind to mind, remote viewing.

Now these subjects might be things that one already believes in (or not) - however the evidence is very impressive in terms of the substantiating experiments (so its nonsense to say these things are scientific).  Its also fantastic to get some of this stuff from a scientific perspective (ie stripped of all the 'baggage' and 'cultural accretions' of religion/qigong/etc/etc).

It opens up huge potential for follow-up web research on favourite topics and also from a transformational tools perspective some ideas on how to shorten what is traditionally presented as decades long paths.../

Sure all of the book won't be proven right down the road - but I gotta say its changed my world view - I don't think that with this weight of evidence its possible for a scientist to remain purely 'materialistic' - the world is objectively *provably* not as we see it (cf [i]subjectively[i] believed/experienced).

Did I say you gotta buy this book?!  It should be made compulsory reading for entry here  :lol:  

Mike

"If I hear Truth couched in a Sufi way or a Christian Mystic way or a Psychotherapeutic way or in a Paleontological way or whatever, you know, its still Truth for me." Ajahn Viradhammo
Pages: [1] Print 
TTEM - Transformational Tools Energy and Mind  |  Mind  |  Mind Power  |  Topic: "The Field" Lynne McTaggart « previous next »
Jump to:  

TTEM - Transformational Tools Energy and Mind | Powered by SMF 1.0.8.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.