TTEM - Transformational Tools Energy and Mind 

Home    Links    ***Forum***    Donate   

Welcome Guest on 28 November 2011.  If you wish to register please see the instructions on the home page.

Username: Password:

Home
    Advanced search
TTEM - Transformational Tools Energy and Mind  |  Energy & Body  |  Body, Physical Modalities  |  Topic: TRE - Trauma Release Exercises - Shaking/Trembling - Berceli 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: TRE - Trauma Release Exercises - Shaking/Trembling - Berceli  (Read 1406 times)
Mike
Superhero

Re: TRE - Trauma Release Exercises - Shaking/Trembling - Berceli
« Reply #10 on: 22 May 2011 »

In one interview he was describing how in the various areas he has worked he finds folks have three access points - body, mind and spirituality [maybe this latter as wars often in religious areas - ie/eg he quotes the kind of "why did God do this to me?" angle].  He says that folks may be reluctant to use one or two access points [and hence using the one that is open for them to start the process off], although eventually folks end up accessing/changing/processing [don't recall his precise word] all three..

VALUE CLEAR SPACE...

Mike
Superhero

« Reply #11 on: 23 May 2011 »

Here is some cool quotes from TRE London about a recent seminar with DB - I especially liked the socially-embedded angle on presence  cool

As a therapist, can you stay present in the face of huge charge and intensity emerging in the client? Presence is the most important skill to help people go deeper. ‘Meditating in a monastery is easy, can you do it in the middle of a war situation.’

Presence involves staying in your social engagement system
, the new part of the parasympathetic nervous system (also called the ventral vagal complex). The social engagement system is a set of cranial nerves that facilitate our communication to others and orientation to what is around us.  (David has integrated the polyvagal theory of Stephen Porges into his model of TRE).

TRE starts with neurological change, psychological change follows. Trust the tremors to lead the process. The story is secondary to the releases triggered by the tremors.

Trauma can be seemingly innocent events early in our development.

Keep being playful and curious. David Berceli is always laughing, it is very refreshing and inspiring to see his skill in staying present with sometimes hugely difficult stories.
« Last Edit: 23 May 2011 by Mike » Logged

VALUE CLEAR SPACE...

Barry
Hero

« Reply #12 on: 17 June 2011 »

The Polyvagel Theory has been very important in the work I have been doing over the last few years. Porges has got a new book out in 2011. The Polyvagal Theory: Neurophysiological Foundatons of Emotions, Attachment, Communication, and Self-Regulation. Sounds a bit dry, and not for everyone, but it contains info re: various autonomic (energetic) systems and their relationship to our behaviour. It has helped me make sense of a number of very confusing and disturbing symptoms for clients and given a clear focus for how to address them.

TRE starts with neurological change, psychological change follows. Trust the tremors to lead the process.
Completely agree with this. However, some people just can't trust their autonomic nervous system to reliably bring them back to equilibrium. For them it is like asking someone who can't swim to jump into a river to learn to swim - trust me I am a doctor. This is exactly what I developed the Focus on Calm groups and technique in the hospital for. It was born out of direct experience but also my own research/understanding of the Polyvagel Theory. Focus on Calm (by the way it is not "relaxing") is like building neurological scaffolding and, in the process, trust based on experience. I have found trauma work to resolve more quickly when this is done.

In the spirit of experimentation I got the video and book and have been doing the exercises for 1.5 weeks. Will report back after four weeks.

Re: sending ideas out into the ether. I talked to a well known Trauma Psychiatrist about these exercises. He has been looking at them and is investigating getting one of the physiotherapists at his hospital to train in them.

With metta,

Barry
Mike
Superhero

« Reply #13 on: 18 June 2011 »

Hi Barry  grin

>In the spirit of experimentation I got the video and book and have been doing the exercises for 1.5 weeks. Will report back after four weeks.

Cool ... I got the book but never got as far as reading the exercises yet .. also hard to get the spirit from a book ... can I borrow the DVD sometime grin

I incorporated some "allowance" of shaking into my ZZ when it happens automatically ... seems to help.  Spoke to a couple of buddies who had done (in different places - one in Nepal..!) shaking qigongs and reported good but strong (ie don't OD).

>Re: sending ideas out into the ether. I talked to a well known Trauma Psychiatrist about these exercises. He has been looking at them and is investigating getting one of the physiotherapists at his hospital to train in them.

Great! 

It always seems like a small step but having contemplated the structures of society for some time it seems to me the main way that it will change is that what is true, what works [as opposed to The Official (ie fascist) State/Media/Religious Truth] is slowly spread amongst folks.  Then one day its at a tipping point.

Interestingly this process is a bit like the CP (first book) without the money being exchanged - but then as clear as Redfield is he is still filtering reality thru his american paradigm where the dollar comes into everything.  Mind you to be fair things like Viki are also american so the radical american offshoot of the hippy "free for all" ethic hasn't gone away entirely.... also evident in the iPhoney versus Android world ... in iWorld Jobs is pope, everything costs and you have to do everything his way ... and to be fair this works for a lot of prosperous consumer types.  In the Android world most things are free, you can do it 101 ways and there are plenty of wise folks online who will offer free advice  cool

Spread the light

Mike
« Last Edit: 18 June 2011 by Mike » Logged

VALUE CLEAR SPACE...

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
TTEM - Transformational Tools Energy and Mind  |  Energy & Body  |  Body, Physical Modalities  |  Topic: TRE - Trauma Release Exercises - Shaking/Trembling - Berceli « previous next »
Jump to:  

TTEM - Transformational Tools Energy and Mind | Powered by SMF 1.0.8.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.