TTEM - Transformational Tools Energy and Mind 

Home    Links    ***Forum***    Donate   

Welcome Guest on 30 November 2011.  If you wish to register please see the instructions on the home page.

Username: Password:

Home
    Advanced search
TTEM - Transformational Tools Energy and Mind  |  The Forum  |  Transformational Techniques to Try Today  |  Topic: Listen to Earl Nightingale "The Strangest Secret" 0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Listen to Earl Nightingale "The Strangest Secret"  (Read 38 times)
Mike
Superhero

Listen to Earl Nightingale "The Strangest Secret"
« on: 18 November 2011 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y5g2Pe08uc [audio, 30mins]

This is a wonderful talk ... to say its "1950s American New Thought" movement, or "power of positive thinking" or "pre runner to new age law of attraction" is all true ... but then its true for me to say that a lovely rose you are smelling now is "a flower"  confused

Some lovely quotes embedded in it - a real pleasure to listen to I found and (as Robert Bruce mentioned via whom I came across this) simply on "law of attraction" one needs endless exposure [just like LPSumedho talking always about awareness in every talk]].

It contains a 30day program at the end ... and as with all real TTEM stuff what one thinks about it is irrelevant ... what matters is when you take the blue tablet what happens to you ... how are you transformed ...

On another youtube link where EN redelivers his speech on camera later this is the top comment:

I am paralysed from the chest down. I broke my neck 28 years ago in a diving accident . It got worse. My 1st wife died (alcoholism). But then, 18 years ago, I discovered THE STRANGEST SECRET. I was heavily in debt but after listening to it I wrote down my goals and listened to it repeatedly! Within a year I met my current wife & within 5 years I was earning a six figure income as a song writer/director/producer! Thank God! Check out my profile & then my website. Love & peace everyone.
UN0HU 2 years ago 8

Uh?

And I think one thing in this gentleman's post resonates with my experience ... we are so rushy in the west we expect immediate results and lose face fast ... with hindsight the LawOfA has worked for me ... but generally there has always been quite a long lag and I kind of gave up and forgot about it in the meantime  grin [Tony Parsons says the same ... he gave up the spiritual trail and played golf for a year then bing!]

Anyway listen to it - or download it to yr mp3/car CD/whatever ... or make a cup of tea and just sit back and do nothing listening to it smiley

Enjoy!

Mike

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Nightingale

Earl Nightingale (March 12, 1921 – March 25, 1989) was an American motivational speaker and author, known as the "Dean of Personal Development."[1] He was the voice in the early 1950s of Sky King, the hero of a radio adventure series, and was a WGN radio show host from 1950 to 1956.[2] Nightingale was the author of the Strangest Secret, which economist Terry Savage has called “…One of the great motivational books of all time“.[3]  ... When Nightingale was seventeen he joined the United States Marines. He was on the USS Arizona during the attack on Pearl Harbor and was one of twelve surviving Marines on board that day ...

After the war Nightingale began work in the radio industry, which eventually led to work as a motivational speaker. In the fall of 1949, Nightingale was inspired while reading Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.[5] Quoting from the Earl Nightingale official website: "When he was 29, Earl's enlightenment had come to him as a bolt out of the blue while reading, Think and Grow Rich. It came when he realized that the six words he read were the answer to the question he had been looking for! That, 'we become what we think about'. He realized that he had been reading the same truth over and over again, from the New Testament...to the works of Emerson. 'We become what we think about.' 'As ye sow, so shall ye reap...'" [6]In 1956 he produced a spoken word record, The Strangest Secret, which sold over a million copies, making it the first spoken-word recording to achieve Gold Record status.
« Last Edit: 18 November 2011 by Mike » Logged

VALUE CLEAR SPACE...

Mike
Superhero

Re: Listen to Earl Nightingale "The Strangest Secret"
« Reply #1 on: 20 November 2011 »

I was listening to a shorter talk by Earl Nightingale "The Miracle of Your Mind" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJjsnbsrw4Y [amazing how much of the bets wisdom, art, architecture, knowledge is just free for all of us at the tips of the fingers...  Uh?  ]

It occurred to me that unlike the more "have it all" LawOfA angle now - which is about attracting stuff to you these earlier pioneers were very much emphasising the goal and working towards it - very big shift of emphasis.  To mix metaphors they were saying if you have a goal and you move towards it the goal moves towards you.  More neo-LOfA seems to be about collecting more and more pictures of Ferraris and obsessing more and more.  This passive form has a terrible side-effect (that hit some of them) that if one gets really ill - it must be "your fault" (you must have wanted it...).

VALUE CLEAR SPACE...

Mike
Superhero

« Reply #2 on: 20 November 2011 »

Ah this is interesting ... I was browsing around on this topic and came across the book "Beyond Posiitve Thinking".  It was (and is) in print for a long time:

A common-sense approach to achieving success in one's life offers workable, step-by-step methods and positive visualization techniques to help readers personalize goals, trust creativity, transcend old beliefs and limitations, and transform positive thinking into positive action. Original published in 1988 Berkley Publishing under the title of "The Advanced Formula For Total Success". For 13 years it continued to sell under that title. In 2002 Berkley Publishing discontinued publishing "The Advanced Formula For Total Success". As soon as it went out of print, it became a collector's item with copies selling for up to USD100 per copy on the Amazon.com used books marketplace. In 2003 Dr. Anthony decided to update the book and republish it under the original name of Beyond Positive Thinking with an introduction by Joe Vitale.

Roberts www is http://www.thesecretofdeliberatecreation.com/ ... the story starts:

f you don’t already know me, let me give you a quick introduction of who I am and what I do…

My name is Dr, Robert Anthony. I am a best-selling author, Master Hypnotist, International Trainer, and Personal Performance Consultant.  Over the past 25 years I’ve trained and worked with thousands of people, helping them to overcome obstacles that have held them back and create the lives they’ve always dreamed of.  I believe I can help you too.

You will learn more about me later, but for now just sit back and relax and allow me to share some important life-changing information with you. If you cannot see and feel the power behind what I am about to reveal, then this is not for you.  If you can, then your life is about to change dramatically.  Either way, you will make the ‘right’ decision for yourself.

Before I share The Secret of Deliberate Creation I will like to take a few minutes to set the record straight. I think you need to know this before you consider what I have to offer.

Over the past five years, since the “Secret” was published, dozens of manifestation “experts” and “gurus” have showed up on the scene.  Everyone is cashing in on promoting the “Law of Attraction” by offering “manifestation” books, seminars and audio programs.

I think it is important to go on record that I have been teaching the “Law of Attraction” and Manifestation “Secrets” for over 25 years. This is nothing new to me. In fact, you can check it out. I have written fifteen books on different aspects of manifestation and the Law of Attraction which have been published since 1980!

No, I wasn’t in the “Secret”, but it is not because I was not asked. In fact, I was the first person Rhonda Byrnes approached for the project. She personally emailed me and said I was her first choice. She also acknowledges me in the introduction of the book.

However, for reasons I prefer to keep private I declined to be part of the project.  Now that the dust has cleared, I believe it was the right decision. This is a real story... and I can guarantee you it is genuine and true...

"When I first listened to the Secret of Deliberate Creation I could not believe what I was hearing. It is like someone hitting you on the head with a two-by-four! I learned more from this program than all the self-improvement stuff I have ever read or heard. There is so much information that you need to listen to them many times over."

-- Tom Console, Scottsdale Arizona

The Truth About Manifesting Your Desires...

To be perfectly honest, most of what is being taught about “Manifestation” and the “Law of Attraction” borders on metaphysical malpractice.

After listening to the manifestation experts you may have been led to believe that all you have to do to "manifest your dreams" is to set your intention, send out positive thoughts, and believe the Universe will magically provide it for you. You are then told to keep repeating this process until the manifestation has happened.

I'm here to tell you that if you do this, you will be very disappointed.

This is where books and programs like the “Secret” are insufficient. While it is important to set your intention, think positively and have a strong belief, it only represents a fraction of what you must do to deliberately create the things you desire.

<continues>

VALUE CLEAR SPACE...

Mike
Superhero

« Reply #3 on: 20 November 2011 »

What stands between you and having what you want? Be honest. A lack of education? A toxic marriage? A bad divorce? You have no relationship and can’t find anyone? A problem employer? You are stuck in a job you hate? Be honest. A medical condition? A weight problem? A lack of money? Be rigorously honest.

I’m proposing that the real reason that you don’t have what you want is because you are creating your life unconsciously by DEFAULT instead of consciously by DESIGN. Most of the time you are blocking the deliberate creation process because your conscious messages and your unconscious messages are in conflict. 

Am I saying that you are deliberately or consciously sabotaging yourself? Absolutely not; but I am saying that through limited, mostly unconscious beliefs, and negative, unexamined habitual patterns, you are creating your life by DEFAULT.

You cannot achieve success by simply slapping positive thoughts on top of a lifetime of negative expectations. You need to uncover and release the unconscious obstacles and habitual patterns that hold you back from creating the life you desire.  The Secret of Deliberate Creation is designed to do this for you.

The focus of The Secret of Deliberate Creation is about collapsing the limiting beliefs and unconscious habitual patterns that stand between you and what you want.

Once you become “conscious” about what is truly happening in your life and why you don’t have what you want, you are destined to live a life that is free of fear, doubt and worry. One in which you feel happy and rejoice soundly in the knowledge that you are meant to thrive; not struggle. A life Consciously Chosen and Deliberately Created that puts you into a “state” of unlimited possibility instead of a state of limitation and unfulfilled desires.

VALUE CLEAR SPACE...

Mike
Superhero

« Reply #4 on: 21 November 2011 »

And here is a useful page by not being scammed by the implicit get-rich-quick angles implicit in much of this heavy-sell/new age easy come stuff ... as it reminds half way down one has to give to receive ...

How Sedona Method and Quantum Jumping are turned into scams - http://robertworstell.com/sedona-method/sedona-method-quantum-jumping-turned-scams/index.html (along with his recommendations about which techniques he has found that work...)

This guy is a farmer and writes some very sensible down to earth (no pun intended but parallel intended lol) stuff eg (one a different blog page on his site):

What objections do I find? Same with all the over-promoted and over-hyped stuff. They appeal to the material needs of people, which are lower on the scale of Maslow’s hierarchy. What Burt doesn’t deal with – and at least 97% of all self-help guru’s do this – he doesn’t tell you to go all the way with this stuff and get rid of any need to have all that the world offers. Because when you take this last step, you will really find that anything and everything you think of will appear for you – in what seems a miracle to those around you. But to you, it’s a simple thought.

But we’ll save that for later days. Realize that people who only use metaphysics and meditation for material things will only inherit what the world can give. The world can’t give you freedom or peace of mind, since these already exist within. Again – that’s another subject for another time (and is actually a book in pre-release.)
« Last Edit: 21 November 2011 by Mike » Logged

VALUE CLEAR SPACE...

Pages: [1] Print 
TTEM - Transformational Tools Energy and Mind  |  The Forum  |  Transformational Techniques to Try Today  |  Topic: Listen to Earl Nightingale "The Strangest Secret" « previous next »
Jump to:  

TTEM - Transformational Tools Energy and Mind | Powered by SMF 1.0.8.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.